Why Be Baptized?
- To follow Christ’s example. A Christian is a “follower of Christ.” “Jesus… was baptized by John in the Jordan.” (Mark 1:9-11)
- Christ commanded it. He instructed His disciples: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)
- It is the pattern followed by New Testament believers. “…many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.” (Acts 18:8)
- It is a symbol and a pledge of your salvation.
The Meaning Of Baptism?
- The Greek word “baptizo” means “to immerse or dip under water.” Water baptism is an external symbol of the internal washing and renewal that takes place when one believes in Christ. “…He saved us through the washing and rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit…” (Titus 3:5)
- Baptism is also a symbol of one’s union by faith with Christ in death, burial, and resurrection.
- Baptism is a public confession of our new life in Christ and a sign of our obedience to His word.
If you are interested in being baptized, we can do that at any of our weekend services, or anytime, for that matter. Just let us know and we’ll be more than happy to walk through this decision in more detail.